How to keep a long distance relationship alive. Distance definitely has a way of putting a damper on things, especially when it comes to relationships. But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to keep the spark alive. With a little bit of effort and some creative thinking, you can make your long distance relationship thrive.
In this article, we’ll share some tips for how to keep the spark alive in a long distance relationship. We’ll also provide some helpful resources to make communication easier and keep the romance alive.
How to keep a long distance relationship alive – How to Keep the Spark Alive
It’s hard enough to keep a relationship alive when you’re living in the same city, let alone maintaining one when you’re living on opposite ends of the country (or even world). But it’s not impossible.
Here are a few tips to help keep the spark alive in your long distance relationship:
- Schedule regular video chats.
- Make time for each other even if it’s just a quick call.
- Send each other romantic messages and photos often.
- Plan weekend getaways (or longer vacations) together as often as possible.
- Keep up with each other’s hobbies and interests.
- Stay positive and optimistic about your relationship.
Why Long Distance Relationships Are Worth It
It can be tough being in a long distance relationship. You’re stuck in two worlds, and it feels like you’re living them at the same time. On the one hand, you’re together but on the other, you’re miles and miles apart.
But here’s the thing: long distance relationships are worth it. Why? Because they force you to make an effort. You have to be creative and find ways to keep the spark alive.
And that’s not always easy. But it’s worth it, because when you finally reunite, you feel like the happiest person in the world.
How to Make Time for Each Other
You can’t let the miles between you get in the way of your relationship. You have to make time for each other, even if it means getting creative with how you do it.
Here are a few ideas to help you keep the spark alive:
- Schedule regular video chats.
- Send each other cute text messages throughout the day.
- Make a point to call each other at least once a week.
- Plan weekend getaways (even if they’re just virtual ones).
- Make time for each other in your day-to-day lives—set aside time to talk on the phone or Skypedate once a week.
Tips for Communicating Effectively
Keeping the spark alive in a long-distance relationship can be tough, but it’s not impossible. You just need to be intentional about your communication and make sure you’re taking advantage of all the technology available to you.
Here are a few tips for communicating effectively:
- Make sure you have quality conversations. This means taking the time to really listen to what your partner is saying and not just waiting for your turn to talk.
- Use video chat whenever possible. Seeing each other’s faces is so important for keeping that connection alive.
- Send thoughtful messages often. A quick text or email can really make your partner’s day, especially if you’re usually limited to phone calls or video chats.
- Stay connected emotionally. Remember that your partner is your best friend, and make an effort to talk about things that aren’t related to your relationship. This will help you feel like you’re still part of each other’s lives, even when you’re miles apart.
How to Deal With Jealousy
It’s only natural to feel a little bit of jealousy in a long distance relationship. After all, you’re not seeing your partner as often as you’d like, and you’re constantly wondering if they’re spending their time with someone else.
But there are ways to deal with jealousy and keep the spark alive. First, talk to your partner about your feelings. Communication is key in any relationship, and it’s especially important in a long distance one.
Second, don’t compare yourself to others. You’re unique, and so is your relationship. There’s no point in comparing yourself to others, because you’ll only end up feeling bad about yourself.
Finally, trust your partner. If they’re loyal, they’ll never do anything to jeopardize the relationship. Trust is key in any relationship, and it’s especially important in a long distance one.
How to keep a long distance relationship alive – Conclusion
It can be hard to keep the spark alive in a long distance relationship, but luckily, there are plenty of things you can do to make it work.
Make a point of talking to each other as often as possible, and try to schedule regular video calls or chats. Send each other little love notes or emails, and plan weekend getaways or mini-vacations whenever possible.
Most importantly, don’t forget to make time for each other in your everyday lives. Schedule regular Face time or Skype dates even when you’re in the same city, and find ways to physically touch each other even when you’re apart.
With a bit of effort, you can keep the spark alive in your long distance relationship and make it just as strong as any other relationship.